INDIA: Mars Inc appoints Iyer as MD Wrigley India
Iyer succeeds Gautam Sharma who resigned from the company to "pursue a new career". The appointment is effective from 3 January.
Iyer has spent 16 years with PepsiCo where his most recent assignment was as senior franchise director for Africa based in Beirut, Lebanon.
He will be based in New Delhi operating out of Wrigley India's headquarters, and will be responsible for developing the business strategy to drive growth across various functions and brands of Wrigley India.
Michael Yeung, president of Wrigley Asia Pacific, said: "India is one of the top 20 geographies of Wrigley globally and India has got a huge potential as an important growth engine to fuel the growth of our region. We are excited to have Deepak join Wrigley India. Given his extensive experience and solid track record, I am confident that our India business will achieve new heights under Deepak's leadership."
PepsiCo do Brasil is expected to strengthen its presence in biscuits through brand extensions of popular and traditional brands such as Toddy and Quaker, which received investment to introduce biscuit...
Jeffrey Ackerman, a former executive at PepsiCo, has been named CFO of US regional retailer The Fresh Market....
- Maspex: M&A opportunities in eastern Europe
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- Nestle's 2014 results: 10 Things to Learn
- Sustainability Watch: The US packaging challenge
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- Gruma FY earnings surge as margins improve
- UPDATE: Mondelez confirms Irish plant changes
- WhiteWave launches "Australian-style" yoghurt
- Bright Food "to buy 70% of Tnuva"
- Kerry Group CEO expects more M&A in 2015