INDIA: Mars Inc appoints Iyer as MD Wrigley India
Iyer succeeds Gautam Sharma who resigned from the company to "pursue a new career". The appointment is effective from 3 January.
Iyer has spent 16 years with PepsiCo where his most recent assignment was as senior franchise director for Africa based in Beirut, Lebanon.
He will be based in New Delhi operating out of Wrigley India's headquarters, and will be responsible for developing the business strategy to drive growth across various functions and brands of Wrigley India.
Michael Yeung, president of Wrigley Asia Pacific, said: "India is one of the top 20 geographies of Wrigley globally and India has got a huge potential as an important growth engine to fuel the growth of our region. We are excited to have Deepak join Wrigley India. Given his extensive experience and solid track record, I am confident that our India business will achieve new heights under Deepak's leadership."
Jeffrey Ackerman, a former executive at PepsiCo, has been named CFO of US regional retailer The Fresh Market....
- Mondelez on China, Hershey and Q2 results
- Food companies can lead on workplace nutrition
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- What post-Brexit trade with the EU could look like
- Kar's gets Non-GMO verification for Second Nature
- Tesco drops John West products over sustainability
- Mondelez less certain on 2016 revenue growth
- Brexit - UK food sector pessimistic on medium-term
- Nestle, Samsung to develop digital health platform