INDIA: Mars Inc appoints Iyer as MD Wrigley India
Iyer succeeds Gautam Sharma who resigned from the company to "pursue a new career". The appointment is effective from 3 January.
Iyer has spent 16 years with PepsiCo where his most recent assignment was as senior franchise director for Africa based in Beirut, Lebanon.
He will be based in New Delhi operating out of Wrigley India's headquarters, and will be responsible for developing the business strategy to drive growth across various functions and brands of Wrigley India.
Michael Yeung, president of Wrigley Asia Pacific, said: "India is one of the top 20 geographies of Wrigley globally and India has got a huge potential as an important growth engine to fuel the growth of our region. We are excited to have Deepak join Wrigley India. Given his extensive experience and solid track record, I am confident that our India business will achieve new heights under Deepak's leadership."
Jeffrey Ackerman, a former executive at PepsiCo, has been named CFO of US regional retailer The Fresh Market....
- 10 Things to Learn - JBS's acquisition of Moy Park
- M&A Watch - ConAgra should divest Commercial Foods
- How the CGF plans to halve global food waste
- What lies behind Ferrero's move for Thorntons?
- Focus: Will synergies lift Ahold Delhaize in US?
- General Mills to axe 675-725 jobs
- CMA "accepts" Muller's revised Dairy Crest offer
- 7-Eleven launches premium private label lines
- ConAgra confirms private label exit
- Kellogg eyes trends with product launches