INDIA: Mars Inc appoints Iyer as MD Wrigley India
Iyer succeeds Gautam Sharma who resigned from the company to "pursue a new career". The appointment is effective from 3 January.
Iyer has spent 16 years with PepsiCo where his most recent assignment was as senior franchise director for Africa based in Beirut, Lebanon.
He will be based in New Delhi operating out of Wrigley India's headquarters, and will be responsible for developing the business strategy to drive growth across various functions and brands of Wrigley India.
Michael Yeung, president of Wrigley Asia Pacific, said: "India is one of the top 20 geographies of Wrigley globally and India has got a huge potential as an important growth engine to fuel the growth of our region. We are excited to have Deepak join Wrigley India. Given his extensive experience and solid track record, I am confident that our India business will achieve new heights under Deepak's leadership."
The Wrigley acquisition of 2008 continues to add value to Mars’s presence in the emerging markets, notably in China. While its presence in gum lends itself well to the push towards healthier eating, i...
The dominant player in gum, The Wrigley Co (NZ), continued to launch innovative new products in both 2011 and 2012. This included New Zealand’s first calcium-fortified gum, Wrigley’s Extra Professiona...
PepsiCo has benefited from its strong presence in sweet and savoury snacks, which continue to make up the majority of its sales in packaged food. It did however reduce its reliance on this category wi...
PepsiCo do Brasil is expected to strengthen its presence in biscuits through brand extensions of popular and traditional brands such as Toddy and Quaker, which received investment to introduce biscuit...
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- BRICs and beyond: Fonterra, Beingmate partnership
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- On the money: Mengniu hones in on "star" brands
- just-food interview: Agropur CEO Robert Coallier
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Mondelez eyes snacks categories in India
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- UK firm Pasta Reale enters administration
- Italy yoghurt woes lead to Emmi profit warning