UK: Mars Inc's Wrigley readies Skittles relaunch
The new Skittles bags will launch in January
The GBP5m relaunch will see the company launch a Skittles Confused variant, whereby the colour of the Skittle doesn't match the flavour inside, the confectioner said. The re-design will involve the brand's rainbow being turned upside-down on pack.
The activity represents the largest ever UK brand investment for Skittles and will be supported by in-store activation, mass outdoor sampling, targeted digital and social media engagement, and a GBP3m TV ad campaign.
WRIGLEY TURNS CONFECTIONERY ON ITS HEAD WITH SKITTLES'® £MULTI-MILLION BRAND RE-LAUNCH
EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED WITH NEW SKITTLES CONFUSED!
Skittles®, the UK's fastest growing major Fruit Confectionery brand, is turning confectionery on its head with a £5m brand re-launch. Already smashing records, with value sales up by 31%1, Skittles® is set to bowl retailers over from January with a complete range re-design and the launch of an exciting new product...
As part of the re-launch, the range re-design will see the iconic Skittles® rainbow flipped upside-down on pack, as well as the launch of new Skittles® Confused - the brand's most exciting, heavily invested and, err, confused NPD to date. Available in 55g bag and 175g pouch formats, the colour of the new Confused Skittle doesn't match the flavour inside, surprising consumers every time!
The activity represents the biggest UK brand investment for Skittles® EVER and will be supported by a fully integrated through-the-line marketing drive. This will comprise eye-catching in store activation, mass outdoor sampling, targeted digital and social media engagement, as well as a £3m TV ad campaign. Set to hit screens in March, a new TV ad will run alongside the iconic ‘Touch' TVC to exclusively support new Skittles® Confused.
Matt Austin, Wrigley Confections Business Unit Director, comments: "Confused? We're not. 10 million Skittles® are already eaten every day in the UK2, and this re-launch is going to excite retailers and consumers alike.
"Research tells us consumers want more from their sweets - they want to be entertained and that's exactly what we're giving them. With Skittles® Confused consumers will be expecting the unexpected with every chew, while the only thing retailers can expect is greater sales and profits".
For more information on the re-design and NPD, or to request point of sale material for your store or depot, please arrange a visit from your local Wrigley representative by calling 01752 752 094 or visiting www.wrigley.com/uk.
Original source: Mars Inc
Mars is to launch a range of rice and grain products under its Seeds of Change brand in the UK....
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Mengniu sales dip but work on costs boosts profits
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020