UK: Mars launches Dolmio lasagne kits
Mars said products allow consumers to "personalise" lasagnes
Mars Inc has launched a range of Dolmio lasagne kits in the UK to make it easier for consumers to make the Italian dish.
The company said chilled or frozen products account for 50% of lasagnes eaten in the UK.
"Lasagne is a popular dish – but some see it as complex cooking reserved for a special occasion. Our new kits not only make this delicious dish easier to cook at home, but also enables consumers to make it just the way they like it," Dolmio brand manager Jordan Holmes said.
Mars has developed Dolmio "original" lasagne kits for two and four people. It is also offering two products under the Mama's Little Extras sub-brand that include seasonings and toppings so consumers can "personalise" their lasagne.
2013 was a bumper year for senior executive interviews on just-food and your top ten most-read pieces included our meetings with the CEOs of Nestle, Unilever and Greencore....
The horsemeat scandal, the fixing of infant formula prices in China, Fonterra's botulism scare and the UK's push towards "hybrid" nutrition labels were among the news stories that grabbed your attenti...
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations