US: Mars lines up confectionery launches for 2014
Dove is one of a number of new product launches Mars has planned for 2014
Mars Inc has lined up a raft of new confectionery products that it is set to launch in the US next year.
The nine products will be exhibited at The Association for Convenience & Fuel Retailing show in Atlanta from 12-15 October and include a number of range extensions and new products.
Mars will add three flavours to its Snickers and Milky Way Bites range to include 3 Musketeers and Milky Way Simply Caramel.
The M&S brand will also benefit from range additions to include a Birthday Cake flavour, a Mega Peanut Chocolate variant and Mega Milk Chocolate flavour.
Mars has also extended its Snickers brand with the launch of a Rockin' Nut Road bar, containing marshmallow flavoured nougat covered with almonds and dark chocolate. A new brand Dove has also been developed, a combination of dark chocolate sea salt caramel and dark chocolate.
The Starburts brand will also benefit from an addition with the launch of Sorbet Bars to the frozen novelty category.
below is a list of some of the items Mars will launch at the NACS Show for 2014, plus a new item from DOVE Chocolate (which is more applicable to drug/grocery/mass channels). Please note: these are new items that will be available in the U.S.; if you’d like items for the U.K., we can put you in touch with the Mars UK team.
Here’s a list:
· Building on the successful May introduction of SNICKERS® Bites and MILKY WAY® Bites, Mars introduces three new flavors of unwrapped, bite-sized treats:
· 3 MUSKETEERS ® Bites offer the same taste experience as the full-size bar -- light and fluffy nougat covered in delicious chocolate – in unwrapped, bite-sized cubes. (January 2014, $1.49 for 2.83 oz. Sharing Size, $2.99 for 6.0 oz. Stand Up Pouch)
· MILKY WAY® Simply Caramel Bites give consumers more of what they love in the MILKY WAY® Simply Caramel Bar – rich, creamy caramel coated in irresistible MILKY WAY® Brand chocolate – in sharable bite-size pieces. (January 2014, $1.49 for 2.83-oz. bags, $2.99 for 7.0 oz. stand-up pouch)
· TWIX® Bites are unwrapped, bite-sized cubes that are a miniature version of the iconic bar brand, ideal for consumers looking for the full taste experience of a TWIX® Bar in a smaller portion. (April 2014, $1.49 for 2.83-oz. bags, SRP $2.99 for 7.0 oz. stand-up pouch)
· M&M’S® Brand Mega Milk Chocolate Candies give consumers more of what they’re looking for with three times the delicious chocolate versus regular M&M’S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies. (May 2014, $1.09 for 1.48 oz. single; $3.29 for 11.4 oz. bag)
· M&M’S® Brand Mega Peanut Chocolate Candies have more chocolate and an even bigger peanut on average versus regular M&M’S® Brand Peanut Chocolate Candies. (May 2014, $3.29 for 11.4 oz. bag)
· M&M’S® Brand Birthday Cake Chocolate Candies. Delicious milk chocolate infused with birthday cake flavor creates an exciting new treat worth celebrating. (May 2014, $1.09 for 1.4 oz. single, $2.99 for 8.0 oz. SUP)
· SNICKERS® Brand ROCKIN’ NUT ROAD™ Bar is packed with marshmallow flavored nougat covered with crunchy almonds and smothered in dark chocolate. (January 2014, $1.09 for 1.76 oz. single)
· DOVE® Brand PROMISES® Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel offers a decadent blend of creamy caramel mixed with savory sea salt and wrapped in silky smooth dark chocolate. (January 2014, $3.49 for a 8.5 oz. bag)
· STARBURST™ Brand Sorbet Bars pack an exhilarating burst of strawberry flavor in a light and delicious bar that consumers will love. It’s a fruity and refreshing addition to the Frozen Novelty category. (Feb. 2014, $1.29 for 2.6-ounce single)
Original source: Mars Inc
Kellogg has teamed up with Mars Inc to launch Keebler cookies in the US filled with M&Ms. ...
The Ward family, which owns US chocolate group Russell Stover, is reportedly exploring the possibility of a sale....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly