INDIA: Mars plans to roll out pet food brands after extensive market research found niche
After extensive market research, US confectionary-pet food giant Mars has decided to launch a number of pet food brands in India, including the Pedigree and Pedigree Pal dog foods and cat foods Sheeba and Whiskas . Mars has already launched Pedigree in Bangalore and Hyderabad, and is confident in its decision to roll out pet food products to other cities, believing that there is huge market potential in India for canine food. The company said the product would enter the market in 500bm and 1.5kg packets, and if it proves popular, it might establish a manufacturing unit to produce Pedigree in India.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast