INDIA: Mars plans to roll out pet food brands after extensive market research found niche
After extensive market research, US confectionary-pet food giant Mars has decided to launch a number of pet food brands in India, including the Pedigree and Pedigree Pal dog foods and cat foods Sheeba and Whiskas . Mars has already launched Pedigree in Bangalore and Hyderabad, and is confident in its decision to roll out pet food products to other cities, believing that there is huge market potential in India for canine food. The company said the product would enter the market in 500bm and 1.5kg packets, and if it proves popular, it might establish a manufacturing unit to produce Pedigree in India.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund