SAUDI: Mars to build chocolate plant for Gulf market
Mars said 60 staff will initially be employed at the plant
Mars Inc has begun the construction of a chocolate plant in Saudi Arabia to serve markets in the Gulf.
The US group plans to spend US$210m on a ten-year project in King Abdullah City. The facility, which is scheduled to be up and running by 2014, and initially produce the Galaxy and Galaxy Jewels brands.
Mars said 60 staff will initially be employed at the plant but said it expects up to 400 employees at the facility when it begins operations.
"With our network operating at capacity, we have made the decision that this investment is the best way forward for us to create capacity. The new site will increase our capabilities and flexibility, allowing us to compete effectively in a growing market, and to deliver fresh product to our consumers throughout the GCC and beyond," Mohammed Safieddine, general manager for Mars' business in Saudi Arabia, said.
Mars already has a factory in Dubai, which produces Galaxy, Snickers and Mars bars.
Mars Inc has said growing demand from UK consumers for products with added health benefits was the motivation behind its new Uncle Ben's rice line....
Mars Inc has announced plans to launch a major global advertising campaign for its Twix brand....
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis