UK: Mars to launch mini ice creams
Confectionery giant Mars is to launch a range of mini-format ice creams in the UK.
The US-based group will sell Galaxy Minis and a multi-pack dubbed A Little Bit of … Mars, Snickers and Bounty.
To support the launch, Mars is planning a GBP£9m (US$17.5m) media spend behind the Galaxy brand.
"Both products are strongly placed to help establish sharing in ice cream as our brands already exist in other sharing formats, and importantly, the two packs target very different consumers and distinctive sharing occasions," said Bep Sandhu, Mars trade relations manager.
The company will also launch a Galaxy vanilla and chocolate cone and a Starburst Smoothie lollie.
Mars Food, the US giant's non-confectionery arm in the UK, has just undertaken its first new product launch for nine years, with the introduction of the Asian ready meal concept, PurAsia. In this mont...
Obesity and alcohol abuse are deemed as two of the biggest ills facing UK society and the food and drink industries find themselves in the firing line from government and the media. However, this week...
Wrigley has set a date for the special meeting of its shareholders to vote on the proposed acquisition of the gum-maker by Mars....
Mars Foods has announced plans to extend its Seeds of Change line of organic ambient wet cooking sauces in the UK....
The European Commission's competition watchdog has approved Mars' acquisition of Wrigley, a deal that will see the creation of the world's largest confectionery company....
Wm Wrigley has posted a 14% rise in second-quarter profits as higher unit pricing and the positive effect of the weak dollar on foreign sales boosted revenue....
Mars has pulled a Snickers television commercial in the UK after receiving a complaint from a gay rights group....
The confidence that private equity has in the food sector came to the fore again this week with Lion Capital's move to buy two household names - Young's and Findus....
- General Mills on Q1, innovation, margins
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- What next for Bernard Matthews? - comment
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- Aryzta FY results, outlook for 2017 - 6 takeaways
- ConAgra acquires Frontera Foods' "gourmet" brands
- Aryzta FY profits fall
- Nestle revamps foodservice arm
- Nestle close to finalising Garoto deal
- Nestle launches Nesquik Protein Plus for adults
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities