USA: Martek gains edible oils patents for use in infant formula
Martek Biosciences Corporation has been awarded European Patent No. EP-B-0 568 606, covering compositions and uses of blends of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and arachidonic acid (ARA) containing oils as additives or supplements for the human diet and infant formula. The patent covers the blending of DHA from microbial or fish oil sources with any microbial source of ARA and the inclusion of this blend in infant formula, nutritional supplements and food ingredients.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery