EUROPE: Martek secures DHA patent win in Europe
US-based Martek Biosciences Corp., a producer of DHA omega-3 products, has secured a trademark victory in Europe.
The company said the European Patent Office (EPO) had upheld one of Martek's European DHA patents.
The patent, which expires in 2010, relates to fermentation processes, human and animal food products, pharmaceutical uses of certain claimed microorganisms, and Martek's food DHA production strain.
Two companies, Aventis Research and Technologies and Nagase, had challenged Martek's patent and the US company said it was "probable" that one of the two firms would appeal.
An appeal would take place in 2009.
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016