USA: Marty's Fine Foods & Wines Gains 24/7 Uptime With New Installation of UnixWare 7 Nonstop Clusters
The Server Software Division of SCO (Nasdaq: SCOC - news) today announced that Marty's Fine Foods & Wines (Marty's) has implemented UnixWare 7 NonStop Clusters to run its entire operation. The solution was packaged and installed by Computer Integrators of Richardson, Texas, an SCO Premier Reseller.Powering the store's terminals, cash drawers, scanners, and receipt printers is a cross-node mirrored cluster, running on dual Compaq ProLiant 1600R processors. This UnixWare 7 NonStop Cluster technology delivers a single server image without a single point of failure, as well as automatic recovery without user intervention."Marty's is a multimillion dollar retail institution, extremely focused on customer service, making uptime an absolute necessity," said Larry Shapiro, president, Marty's. "We chose UnixWare 7 NonStop Clusters because of its unmatched availability and reliability. We've been in business since 1943 and used fault tolerant computer systems for over 20 years, keeping us on the cutting edge of our industry. We were extremely impressed with the new UnixWare 7 system and decided to convert to it. The SCO clustering solution is a very impressive, fail-safe operation that provides the kind of peace of mind that's important to business owners.""With the expansion and growth of eBusiness, resellers are seeing an increasing need for high availability solutions among all kinds of businesses, said David Gloria, Computer Integrators. "For customers whose businesses rely on uptime, UnixWare 7 NonStop Clusters is a perfect fit because of its proven reliability and unmatched 24/7 availability."For More Information about Marty's or Computer Integrators, visit:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- France eyes leading role in proteins
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bakery (UK) - Industry Report
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements