JAPAN: Marubeni names new CEO for Daiei
Trading house Marubeni Corp, the largest stakeholder in beleaguered retailer Daiei Inc., has appointed Toru Nishimi to succeed Yasuyuki Higuchi as Daiei CEO.
Nishimi is currently a corporate senior vice president at Marubeni, and will take up the post at Daiei as of 1 September.
It was reported yesterday (22 August) that Higuchi is to step down in October for undisclosed reasons.
Marubeni became the top shareholder of Daiei earlier this month, increasing its stake to 44.6% through the purchase of shares from the Industrial Revitalisation Corporation of Japan (IRCJ), a state-backed bailout body.
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations