VIETNAM: Masan Group posts Q1 profit rise
Vietnamese conglomerate Masan Group has posted a rise in first-quarter profits in part thanks to an improved performance from its consumer goods arm.
Pro-forma net profit for Masan's consumer division was up 89.6% to VND596bn (US$28m) as a result of higher revenues and gross margins.
Sales in the consumer business increased 48.3% to VND2.28bn. The group attributed the rise to "robust sales of instant noodles brands" and a "good consumer acceptance" of the breakfast brands.
Net profit for the group was up 12%. EBITDA for the group was also up at VND385bn versus VND88bn for the same period last year.
Private-equity group KKR owns a stake in Masan's consumer unit.. KKR acquired a 10% stake in Masan Consumer in 2011 and doubled its investment last year.
Click here for the full results.
- M&A Watch: Why Danone/Lifeway deal could be next
- Shopper trends: Some confidence but promos popular
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Sustainability Watch: WhiteWave Foods
- DATA: The just-food international basket - Q2 2014
- Premier Foods revamp creates three divisions
- General Mills Q1 profits tumble
- Unilever to boost presence in Nigeria
- Sales, operating profit up at Quorn Foods
- WhiteWave to buy dairy-free firm So Delicious