VIETNAM: Masan Group posts Q1 profit rise
Vietnamese conglomerate Masan Group has posted a rise in first-quarter profits in part thanks to an improved performance from its consumer goods arm.
Pro-forma net profit for Masan's consumer division was up 89.6% to VND596bn (US$28m) as a result of higher revenues and gross margins.
Sales in the consumer business increased 48.3% to VND2.28bn. The group attributed the rise to "robust sales of instant noodles brands" and a "good consumer acceptance" of the breakfast brands.
Net profit for the group was up 12%. EBITDA for the group was also up at VND385bn versus VND88bn for the same period last year.
Private-equity group KKR owns a stake in Masan's consumer unit.. KKR acquired a 10% stake in Masan Consumer in 2011 and doubled its investment last year.
Click here for the full results.
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report