VIETNAM: Masan Group posts Q1 profit rise
Vietnamese conglomerate Masan Group has posted a rise in first-quarter profits in part thanks to an improved performance from its consumer goods arm.
Pro-forma net profit for Masan's consumer division was up 89.6% to VND596bn (US$28m) as a result of higher revenues and gross margins.
Sales in the consumer business increased 48.3% to VND2.28bn. The group attributed the rise to "robust sales of instant noodles brands" and a "good consumer acceptance" of the breakfast brands.
Net profit for the group was up 12%. EBITDA for the group was also up at VND385bn versus VND88bn for the same period last year.
Private-equity group KKR owns a stake in Masan's consumer unit.. KKR acquired a 10% stake in Masan Consumer in 2011 and doubled its investment last year.
Click here for the full results.
- Danone's global push for Danonino – interview
- How Hormel Foods can benefit from Justin's
- The balancing act at Amy's Kitchen - interview
- Tackling infant formula fraud in China
- RTRS looks for systemic solutions to progress
- Nestle sets new savings target
- ConAgra focusing on core with Spicetec sale
- Premier takes control of powders JV Knighton
- Amy's Kitchen strikes Picard deal in four markets
- Wilmar, Adani and Ruchi Soya announce India JV