UK: Mason criticised for foreign holidays while Tesco supports British tourism
Retail Week magazine has lambasted Tesco marketing executive Tim Mason for holidaying abroad while the grocery giant launched a new Clubcard designed to show support for the British tourist industry. When Tesco's popular Clubcard loyalty scheme was relaunched last week, Mason explained: "We want to give a boost to the small hotels, bed-and-breakfast, restaurants, museums and similar attractions devastated by the outbreak of foot-and-mouth."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti