UK: Mason criticised for foreign holidays while Tesco supports British tourism
Retail Week magazine has lambasted Tesco marketing executive Tim Mason for holidaying abroad while the grocery giant launched a new Clubcard designed to show support for the British tourist industry. When Tesco's popular Clubcard loyalty scheme was relaunched last week, Mason explained: "We want to give a boost to the small hotels, bed-and-breakfast, restaurants, museums and similar attractions devastated by the outbreak of foot-and-mouth."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK