UK: Mason criticised for foreign holidays while Tesco supports British tourism
Retail Week magazine has lambasted Tesco marketing executive Tim Mason for holidaying abroad while the grocery giant launched a new Clubcard designed to show support for the British tourist industry. When Tesco's popular Clubcard loyalty scheme was relaunched last week, Mason explained: "We want to give a boost to the small hotels, bed-and-breakfast, restaurants, museums and similar attractions devastated by the outbreak of foot-and-mouth."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations