UK: Mass cull looms as Army called in to manage foot and mouth crisis
The confirmed number of cases of foot and mouth in the UK rose to 188 on Tuesday as France discovered its first case. The French Agriculture Ministry confirmed the country's first case of foot and mouth in cows on a farm in Mayenne in north-west France. The Ministry confirmed that the cattle had been grazing on land next to a farm that had imported sheep from Britain.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- ABF buys UK sports nutrition firms H5, Reflex