UK: Mass cull looms as Army called in to manage foot and mouth crisis
The confirmed number of cases of foot and mouth in the UK rose to 188 on Tuesday as France discovered its first case. The French Agriculture Ministry confirmed the country's first case of foot and mouth in cows on a farm in Mayenne in north-west France. The Ministry confirmed that the cattle had been grazing on land next to a farm that had imported sheep from Britain.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins