ISRAEL: Max Brenner sets up chocolate shops in Scotland, Singapore and Sydney
The Max Brenner chocolate company, a fully owned subsidiary of Israeli food manufacturer Elite, is expanding its international operations by opening three new branches.
The branches, to be operated on a franchise basis using the name Chocolate Bar, are in Edinburgh, Singapore and Sydney. The Chocolate Bar branch in Singapore has been established by a local businessman at an investment of US$300,000, while the new branch in Sydney, opened also at a cost of $300,000, is the third Max Brenner outlet in that city.
According to a statement by the company, the Harvey Nichols chain in the UK decided to market the Max Brenner line as the chain's leading chocolate product. The new branch to be opened soon in Edinburgh will have on display chocolate flowing in transparent pipes and huge blocks of chocolate, in different stages of processing for the end consumer.
On another sweet product, the Israeli Lachmy confectionery, producing high-quality cookies, will be marketed in hundreds of sales points in supermarket chains in West Europe, following agreements reached between the Israeli cookie-maker and several European distribution companies in the UK, Spain, Belgium and France. The company expects that its sales in 2003 will amount to €1.5m (US$1.6m), as reported in Maariv.
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016