USA: Mayo Clinic to advance awareness and research for peanut allergy
Peanut and tree nut allergy can be a serious condition that affects approximately three million Americans. There is no cure for peanut allergy, merely symptomatic relief, and there is a lack of public and medical understanding of the condition. Mayo Clinic in Rochester has joined with six other leading medical research centers from across the country to form the Centers for Peanut Allergy Awareness with the purpose of helping to increase understanding of peanut allergy. The medical research centers are currently conducting a peanut allergy study designed to determine if an investigational drug can lessen the severity of an allergic reaction in sufferers. Rochester, Minneapolis and St. Paul-area peanut allergy sufferers, ages 12 to 60, are being sought for participation. Those interested in more information can call toll free 1-877-316-7865 or visit
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image