PERU: Mayonnaise sales set to soar
According to a spokesperson from Peru's leading food processor, Alicorp , mayonnaise is a product with great growth potential in that market. Consumption is expected to rise between 30% and 40% this year and continue at a similar pace next year, in spite of the economic recession. Strongest growth has been noted in household sales.The introduction of Alicorp's new brand of mayonnaise was a big success thanks to the fact that is used the company's distribution system to reach 94,000 points of sale nationwide. Expansion of mayonnaise production reflects the company's growing emphasis on value added food products with growth potential in Peru and abroad.SOURCE: includes information from the article "Estrategia",
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea