PERU: Mayonnaise sales set to soar
According to a spokesperson from Peru's leading food processor, Alicorp , mayonnaise is a product with great growth potential in that market. Consumption is expected to rise between 30% and 40% this year and continue at a similar pace next year, in spite of the economic recession. Strongest growth has been noted in household sales.The introduction of Alicorp's new brand of mayonnaise was a big success thanks to the fact that is used the company's distribution system to reach 94,000 points of sale nationwide. Expansion of mayonnaise production reflects the company's growing emphasis on value added food products with growth potential in Peru and abroad.SOURCE: includes information from the article "Estrategia",
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs