AUS: McCain boosts healthy message
McCain Foods' operations in Australia and New Zealand have announced a new "overarching global company philosophy" that will see the food maker increase its emphasis on health and wellness.
The company has pledged to "spread the goodness" through the reformulation of products to eliminate additives or preservatives, an increased emphasis on its School Veggie Patches and fresh-frozen foods campaigns and increased product transparency.
"McCain has always been dedicated to freshness as all of its products are made with produce that are grown, picked and prepared fresh before they are snapped frozen for added convenience. Now, the "It's All Good" philosophy aims to take this commitment to the next level as the company is reformulating all of its recipes to eliminate unnecessary ingredients, like additives or preservatives," the company said.
"McCain Foods is also working to improve our manufacturing processes and reduce our impact on the environment," McCain's marketing director Nicki Anderson added.
The company has redesigned its website and its packaging to increase transparency, including a "healthy and nutrition dietary" online search, allowing consumers to exclude particular ingredients for allergy or dietary reasons. Detail on labelling has also been increased on some products.
Australian Food News is Australia's leading resource for the food industry, delivering daily news from the grocery, retail and hospitality sectors to 40,000 professionals each month.
Companies: McCain Foods
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report