CANADA/CHINA: McCain build French fry plant in China
Canadian potato processor McCain Foods is about to start construction work on a US$43m potato processing plant in China that will produce fries for China and other Asian markets.
Employing 120 people, the plant will not be among the company's largest facilities. Production lines are scheduled to start rolling in September 2005.
With fastfood chains such as McDonald's and KFC gaining a firm foothold in China, the French fry market is booming. McCain set up a Chinese office in 1996 and has been moving steadily towards producing fries in-country.
McCain is also reported to be planning to open plants in India and Russia, in order to reduce its dependence on more mature markets. The company already has a plant that produces dumplings and other snack foods in Taiwan.
Companies: McCain Foods
As McDonald's and Wendy's introduce healthier options amid rising obesity levels and a general interest in healthier foods, some fastfood companies have been going in the opposite direction, introduci...
Last month a customer at an outlet of US fastfood chain Wendy's claimed to have found a severed finger in her food. The news spread like wildfire, fuelled by intense media interest, and Wendy's sales ...
It's easier talking to your customers if you speak their language. With millions of speakers of minority languages around the world, food processors and retailers need to be able to communicate with t...
Fastfood chain KFC, which celebrates its 20th anniversary in Hong Kong today (Monday), has announced a plan to double the size of its operations in the city over four years, the Xinhua news agency rep...
Restaurant company Yum! Brands has announced that all company owned KFC and Pizza Hut restaurants are to have a now smoking policy....
The head of fast-food chain KFC Holdings (Malaysia) Bhd said on Tuesday he would not quit after being suspended when an independent auditor's report revealed shortcomings at the firm, the Reuters news...
Fastfood company KFC Holdings (Malaysia) has suspended its managing director Datuk Johari Abdul Ghani, it said in an announcement to the financial markets....
Canadian frozen potato products company McCain Foods is to build a C$18m (US$14.3m) potato processing plant in India, north of Ahmedabad, in Gujarat province, according to the Canadian Press agency....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review