McCain Foods adds to UK range
McCain introduces sweet potato fries to UK retail range
McCain Foods has launched two more products in the UK it says are aimed at the country's single and two person households.
Citing data from the UK's Office for National Statistics, the frozen food group said its microwaveable baby baked potatoes and its sweet potato fries are looking to target a demographic that account for almost 60% of UK consumers.
"Consumer insight tells us that one and two person households take inspiration from out-of-home dining when cooking at home," said McCain's marketing director Mark Hodge. "This NPD aims to inspire frozen potato purchase in this group by offering a variety of products that reference the latest food trends and feature interesting flavours, seasonings and cut types."
The baked potatoes are seasoned with sea salt and black pepper and take only three minutes to microwave, McCain said. They have an RSP of GBP2.50 (US$3.85).
The sweet potato fries have an RSP of GBP2.50 for a 500g bag and have been launched following "significant" consumer demand, McCain said. "Sweet potato has seen a rapid growth in popularity with consumers and it's a big favourite in the casual dining sector," Hodge added.
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review