INDIA: McCain Foods appoints Mittal as MD for India
Vikas will be responsible for shaping long-term growth strategies at McCain India
McCain Foods' Indian arm has appointed Vikas Mittal as its managing director.
Mittal will be responsible for shaping long-term growth strategies and building the McCain brand in India, the company said.
Fred Schaeffer, regional president of McCain Foods for Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa said: "Vikas brings a wealth of FMCG Marketing and general management experience to his new role, and is a true internationalist."
Mittal previously worked for FMCG company Dabur India as executive vice president of marketing for its personal and home care division.
Prior to this, he held various positions in India, the Middle East, Africa and south-east Asia for Procter & Gamble and dairy firm FrieslandCampina.
A short week on just-food after the long public holiday but it was packed with news. Disney banned "junk food" advertising, Carrefour neared the acquisition of Argentinian retailer Eki, meat giant JBS...
French fry giant McCain Foods has taken a number of actions to mitigate the impact a potato shortage in Eastern Canada and Manitoba will have on production levels....
Falling pizza sales have prompted frozen food giant McCain Foods to stop producing pizzas in the UK, with the potential loss of around 40 jobs....
- On the move: What's in store from Tesco's new CEO?
- The just-food interview: Premier Foods CEO Darby
- On the money: Can Premier build H2 sales momentum?
- Focus: Lindt plays safe with Russell Stover buy
- Interview: Bell hits out at German cartel ruling
- UPDATE: Premier establishes international unit
- Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
- S&A Foods announces restructure, 55 jobs to go
- Premier launches Oxo pots range in UK
- Universal Robina to buy biscuit firm Griffin's