INDIA: McCain Foods appoints Mittal as MD for India
Vikas will be responsible for shaping long-term growth strategies at McCain India
McCain Foods' Indian arm has appointed Vikas Mittal as its managing director.
Mittal will be responsible for shaping long-term growth strategies and building the McCain brand in India, the company said.
Fred Schaeffer, regional president of McCain Foods for Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa said: "Vikas brings a wealth of FMCG Marketing and general management experience to his new role, and is a true internationalist."
Mittal previously worked for FMCG company Dabur India as executive vice president of marketing for its personal and home care division.
Prior to this, he held various positions in India, the Middle East, Africa and south-east Asia for Procter & Gamble and dairy firm FrieslandCampina.
A short week on just-food after the long public holiday but it was packed with news. Disney banned "junk food" advertising, Carrefour neared the acquisition of Argentinian retailer Eki, meat giant JBS...
French fry giant McCain Foods has taken a number of actions to mitigate the impact a potato shortage in Eastern Canada and Manitoba will have on production levels....
Falling pizza sales have prompted frozen food giant McCain Foods to stop producing pizzas in the UK, with the potential loss of around 40 jobs....
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Bird flu leads Dutch to stop poultry distribution
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Arla eyes infant formula firms with lactose plant
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report