NEW ZEALAND: McCain (NZ) cleared to buy out Heinz Wattie processing plant
McCain Foods (NZ) Ltd, the New Zealand arm of Canadian group McCain Foods , is set to buy out a potato and vegetable processing factory in north Wellington, having been given a green light by the Commerce Commission earlier today (11 May). Mark Berry, deputy chairman of the market watchdog, released a statement to the effect that McCain would not gain any advantage in the relevant domestic markets from purchasing the plant, currently owned by a subsidiary of US food giant
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Interview: Mondelez's outlook for China
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Ferrero entity acquires Delacre