NEW ZEALAND: McCain (NZ) cleared to buy out Heinz Wattie processing plant
McCain Foods (NZ) Ltd, the New Zealand arm of Canadian group McCain Foods , is set to buy out a potato and vegetable processing factory in north Wellington, having been given a green light by the Commerce Commission earlier today (11 May). Mark Berry, deputy chairman of the market watchdog, released a statement to the effect that McCain would not gain any advantage in the relevant domestic markets from purchasing the plant, currently owned by a subsidiary of US food giant
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO