NEW ZEALAND: McCain (NZ) cleared to buy out Heinz Wattie processing plant
McCain Foods (NZ) Ltd, the New Zealand arm of Canadian group McCain Foods , is set to buy out a potato and vegetable processing factory in north Wellington, having been given a green light by the Commerce Commission earlier today (11 May). Mark Berry, deputy chairman of the market watchdog, released a statement to the effect that McCain would not gain any advantage in the relevant domestic markets from purchasing the plant, currently owned by a subsidiary of US food giant
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units