NEW ZEALAND: McCain (NZ) cleared to buy out Heinz Wattie processing plant
McCain Foods (NZ) Ltd, the New Zealand arm of Canadian group McCain Foods , is set to buy out a potato and vegetable processing factory in north Wellington, having been given a green light by the Commerce Commission earlier today (11 May). Mark Berry, deputy chairman of the market watchdog, released a statement to the effect that McCain would not gain any advantage in the relevant domestic markets from purchasing the plant, currently owned by a subsidiary of US food giant
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk