UK: McCain sells Dansco mozzarella plant in multi million pound deal - MEMBERS
McCain Foods has sold its Dansco mozzarella plant to Hebatco International in a multi million pound deal. The Welsh plant at Newcastle Emlyn produces about 15,000 tonnes of block and shredded mozzarella cheese each year; primarily for use as a pizza topping. It was acquired by McCain in 1988 from Dairy Crest, but McCain says prospects for Dansco and its employees will now be better served by allowing the company to become part of a larger dairy group.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry