UK: McCain sells Dansco mozzarella plant in multi million pound deal - MEMBERS
McCain Foods has sold its Dansco mozzarella plant to Hebatco International in a multi million pound deal. The Welsh plant at Newcastle Emlyn produces about 15,000 tonnes of block and shredded mozzarella cheese each year; primarily for use as a pizza topping. It was acquired by McCain in 1988 from Dairy Crest, but McCain says prospects for Dansco and its employees will now be better served by allowing the company to become part of a larger dairy group.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action