INDIA: McCain to invest $69m in Gujarat facility
Irish services exporter and engineering firm PM Group has been awarded the contract to build the McCain facility
Canadian frozen food specialist McCain Foods is to build a US$69m food manufacturing facility in Gujarat in India.
The plant, located in Ahmedabad on the west coast of India, is being constructed to "accommodate the rising demand in the local market" for frozen foods, McCain said. Irish services exporter and engineering firm PM Group has been awarded the contract to build the facility.
Minister for Training and Skills, Ciarán Cannon said on a visit to India this week: "Securing this latest contract with McCain Foods in India demonstrates the quality of PM Group's service offering and underlines its continued success in export markets around the world."
McCain did not return a request for further information on the facility at the time of going to press.
US breakfast cereal group Post Holdings kicks off a relatively quieter week of results with its half-year numbers on Monday. On Tuesday, meat giants Marfig and JBS will report on how it fared in the f...
McCain Foods India previously focused mainly on sales for out-of-home consumption, as the bulk of its business was contributed by quick-service restaurants, hotels and cafés, such as McDonald’s, KFC, ...
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Emerging markets online: India's food retail scene
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- McCain to close Grobbendonk plant in Belgium
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Jobs to go at FrieslandCampina cheese plant
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019