UK: McCain unveils microwaveable jacket potato
Ready Baked Jackets are aimed at time-strapped consumers
McCain Foods has launched Ready Baked Jackets, a microwaveable jacket potato that cooks in five minutes, in the UK.
The company said the move is a response to consumer research that revealed consumers are put off jacket potatoes by long cooking times.
Mark Hodge, head of brand at McCain Foods, said: "This is McCain's most significant new product launch in years. McCain Ready Baked Jackets will revolutionise jacket potato eating in the UK and introduce a new way for consumers to purchase their favourite meal in a more convenient format."
Ready Baked Jackets are available in all multiple retailers in packs of two or four. The launch will be supported by a GBP6m (US$9.2m) marketing campaign, the company said.
A short week on just-food after the long public holiday but it was packed with news. Disney banned "junk food" advertising, Carrefour neared the acquisition of Argentinian retailer Eki, meat giant JBS...
French fry giant McCain Foods has taken a number of actions to mitigate the impact a potato shortage in Eastern Canada and Manitoba will have on production levels....
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Foodservice focus - all-day breakfast; concept NPD
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- China implements new safety regulations
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Premier Foods adds to Bisto range
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis