UK: McCain unveils microwaveable jacket potato
Ready Baked Jackets are aimed at time-strapped consumers
McCain Foods has launched Ready Baked Jackets, a microwaveable jacket potato that cooks in five minutes, in the UK.
The company said the move is a response to consumer research that revealed consumers are put off jacket potatoes by long cooking times.
Mark Hodge, head of brand at McCain Foods, said: "This is McCain's most significant new product launch in years. McCain Ready Baked Jackets will revolutionise jacket potato eating in the UK and introduce a new way for consumers to purchase their favourite meal in a more convenient format."
Ready Baked Jackets are available in all multiple retailers in packs of two or four. The launch will be supported by a GBP6m (US$9.2m) marketing campaign, the company said.
A short week on just-food after the long public holiday but it was packed with news. Disney banned "junk food" advertising, Carrefour neared the acquisition of Argentinian retailer Eki, meat giant JBS...
French fry giant McCain Foods has taken a number of actions to mitigate the impact a potato shortage in Eastern Canada and Manitoba will have on production levels....
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- Cadbury to cut Australian jobs
- Arla expands in Egypt with Juhayna JV
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- DMK to shut two ice cream plants