UK: McCambridge sells own-label cake unit to PE firm NBGI
Chairman Simon Webber said the cake division has “great growth potential”
UK baked goods company McCambridge has sold its own-label cake division to private-equity firm NBGI.
The deal, announced this morning (5 December), is for a business that operates bakeries in Manchester, Bradford, Blackburn, Salisbury and Szczecin in Poland, produces a range of cakes and pies for leading retailers.
Chairman Simon Webber said the cake division had "great growth potential". However, he insisted a strategic review coupled with approaches from potential acquirers led the company to believe the unit would benefit from being demerged and managed as a separate entity.
"We are delighted that the business has been sold to NBGI Private Equity, who have a track record in owning businesses in the food industry," said Webber. "The successful sale of the cake division is a great credit to all management and employees."
Webber said the group's focus will now turn to the firm's two remaining divisions: Soreen malt loaves and fruit loaf products; and its bakery business in Ireland.
"We will continue to develop these business units on the back of the excellent work the divisions have completed already," Webber said.
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- Unilever claims victory in Becel dispute
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis