USA: McCormick completes acquisition of Ducros, Europe's leading spice supplier
McCormick & Company, Incorporated (NYSE: MKC) today announced that it has completed the purchase of the Ducros spice, herb and dessert aid business from Eridania Beghin-Say, for FFr. 2.75 billion ($379 million) in cash. On June 28, the Company announced that it had reached an agreement to acquire Ducros.Commented Robert J. Lawless, Chairman, President & CEO of McCormick, "The combination of these two great companies clearly establishes us as the market leader in the European spice and herb category and provides a solid platform for future growth. Research, product development and new product launch efforts will be strengthened through the combined capabilities of McCormick and Ducros. Our global consumer business and food processor and restaurant customers will be better served from a broad geographic base. We welcome the Ducros employees to our team and are pleased to add the Ducros products to our portfolio of great brands."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti