USA: McCormick completes acquisition of Ducros, Europe's leading spice supplier
McCormick & Company, Incorporated (NYSE: MKC) today announced that it has completed the purchase of the Ducros spice, herb and dessert aid business from Eridania Beghin-Say, for FFr. 2.75 billion ($379 million) in cash. On June 28, the Company announced that it had reached an agreement to acquire Ducros.Commented Robert J. Lawless, Chairman, President & CEO of McCormick, "The combination of these two great companies clearly establishes us as the market leader in the European spice and herb category and provides a solid platform for future growth. Research, product development and new product launch efforts will be strengthened through the combined capabilities of McCormick and Ducros. Our global consumer business and food processor and restaurant customers will be better served from a broad geographic base. We welcome the Ducros employees to our team and are pleased to add the Ducros products to our portfolio of great brands."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast