USA: McCormick completes acquisition of Ducros, Europe's leading spice supplier
McCormick & Company, Incorporated (NYSE: MKC) today announced that it has completed the purchase of the Ducros spice, herb and dessert aid business from Eridania Beghin-Say, for FFr. 2.75 billion ($379 million) in cash. On June 28, the Company announced that it had reached an agreement to acquire Ducros.Commented Robert J. Lawless, Chairman, President & CEO of McCormick, "The combination of these two great companies clearly establishes us as the market leader in the European spice and herb category and provides a solid platform for future growth. Research, product development and new product launch efforts will be strengthened through the combined capabilities of McCormick and Ducros. Our global consumer business and food processor and restaurant customers will be better served from a broad geographic base. We welcome the Ducros employees to our team and are pleased to add the Ducros products to our portfolio of great brands."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix