USA: McCormick posts higher Q1 income
McCormick & Co has reported record sales, net income and earnings per share for the Q1 ended 28 February 2002. Sales for the Q1 were US$519m, an increase of 4% versus Q1 2001. Excluding the impact of foreign exchange, sales increased 5% in 2002. Gross profit margin for the Q1 was 35.7%, 1.7 percentage points above last year. The gross profit margin increase was due to continued success in shifting sales to higher-margin, more value-added products, as well as higher volumes, favorable raw material costs, global procurement initiatives and efforts to improve efficiencies.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review