EUROPE: McCormick rolls out pan-European branding
McCormick rolls out new brand signature
Spice maker McCormick & Co. is rolling out a new brand signature that will unify its various local products throughout Europe.
The new branding is being introduced market-by-market and has already been implemented in the UK with the Schwartz brand, McCormick vice president of consumer markets - Europe, Middle East and Africa, Brice de Forsanz, told just-food.
The next phase of the re-branding will see the new identity introduced to brands in France, Spain and Portugal with the rest of Europe to follow, de Forsanz revealed.
"It will be implemented across our European markets. It is going to be the new identity, but it takes time because there are so many SKUs across so many markets," he said.
"The objective is to improve the clarity we have on shelf. The wave is about all flavours - a cycle of flavours in your meal. You have a clear picture of the meal you are going to make with it."
The move to bring McCormick's various European brands under a single brand identity follows McCormick's decision to move innovation from a local scale to a regional and global scale.
For more on McCormick's innovation drive - as well as a detailed look at how the group hopes to grow in the EMEA region - check out just-food's October interview.
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- What next for Mondelez International and Hershey?
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Mondelez abandons Hershey pursuit
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Lactalis strikes deal with farmers on milk prices
- Chobani expands into Mexico
- Nestle launches protein-enhanced milk in India