USA: McDonald's acquires minority interest in Pret A Manger
McDonald's Corporation has reached an agreement to acquire a minority interest in United Kingdom-based Pret A Manger, a quick service food concept that serves mainly sandwiches, snacks and drinks at lunchtime. The new investment will be used to support Pret A Manger's plans for international growth. The founders and existing shareholders, Julian Metcalfe, Sinclair Beecham, Andrew Rolfe and Harvey Smyth, will retain majority ownership and management control of Pret A Manger. Terms of the investment were not disclosed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- US targets increased organic production