USA: McDonald's announces supplementary financial data
McDonald's Corporation (NYSE: MCD) announced 2000 financial information supplementing operating results released on January 24, 2001. Cash generated from operations totaled $2.75 billion in 2000, exceeding capital expenditures of $1.94 billion. Cash from operations in 2000 was affected by about $200 million of higher income tax payments, primarily as a result of lower benefits from stock option exercises and gains on the termination of foreign currency exchange agreements. Our substantial cash flow from operations continues to fund expansion and dividend payments and support share repurchase. We purchased 56.7 million shares of McDonald's stock for $2.0 billion in 2000. We expect to purchase the remaining $1.2 billion in our multi-year $4.5 billion share repurchase program this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm