USA: McDonald's announces supplementary financial data
McDonald's Corporation (NYSE: MCD) announced 2000 financial information supplementing operating results released on January 24, 2001. Cash generated from operations totaled $2.75 billion in 2000, exceeding capital expenditures of $1.94 billion. Cash from operations in 2000 was affected by about $200 million of higher income tax payments, primarily as a result of lower benefits from stock option exercises and gains on the termination of foreign currency exchange agreements. Our substantial cash flow from operations continues to fund expansion and dividend payments and support share repurchase. We purchased 56.7 million shares of McDonald's stock for $2.0 billion in 2000. We expect to purchase the remaining $1.2 billion in our multi-year $4.5 billion share repurchase program this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant