USA: McDonald's announces supplementary financial data
McDonald's Corporation (NYSE: MCD) announced 2000 financial information supplementing operating results released on January 24, 2001. Cash generated from operations totaled $2.75 billion in 2000, exceeding capital expenditures of $1.94 billion. Cash from operations in 2000 was affected by about $200 million of higher income tax payments, primarily as a result of lower benefits from stock option exercises and gains on the termination of foreign currency exchange agreements. Our substantial cash flow from operations continues to fund expansion and dividend payments and support share repurchase. We purchased 56.7 million shares of McDonald's stock for $2.0 billion in 2000. We expect to purchase the remaining $1.2 billion in our multi-year $4.5 billion share repurchase program this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife