USA: McDonald's brand extension could 'backfire'
Marketing experts have warned that McDonald 's plan to open hotels and American-style diners could backfire horribly. Nick Moon, head of European brand strategy at Futurebrand , said the company should stick to burgers rather than risk losing all through diversification. The fast food giant is seeking to boost revenues through its 'upmarket'
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival