COSTA RICA/USA: McDonald's buyback in Costa Rica
McDonald's corporation has taken control of the 23 restaurants operating in Costa Rica under its brand name. During the next six months the corporation will consider candidates for taking over the restaurants. If all goes according to schedule, some or all of the restaurants will have new owners within a year. Edgardo Navarro, head of McDonald's operations for Central America indicated that the move was made in order to increase the pace of expansion in Central America. The corporate takeover of Costa Rican McDonald's restaurants became effective on 1 September, 2000. It marked the temporary end of 30 years of restaurant ownership by Costa Rican investors. The buyout came as the result of about six months of negotiation culminating in the formal purchase on 31 August. During the first stage of the reorganisation, the corporation will invest US$3m, primarily on remodelling projects. Starting in the year 2001, three new restaurants will be opened.For years, McDonald's of Costa Rica, officially registered as
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review