AUSTRALIA: McDonald's diversifies into computer chip commerce
McDonald's has announced its imminent expansion into the world of the web; a new joint venture business with e-mac digital and Accel-KKR. The plans for an electronic B2B commerce service called the F.S. Network, and aimed at the food service industry, will see the diversity of McDonald's business above and beyond the worldwide restaurant chain.In the US, the golden arches branding has already graced a range of children's clothing in Wal-Mart stores, and McDonald's has used its buying power to purchase other food retail stores. To spread its revenue base, Ronald has also collected majority shareholdings in other food companies. The more global fastfood intention has been expressed in a ten-year plan to establish 50000 restaurants worldwide.The B2B Internet initiative is a change from the more conventional tack of McDonald's expansion, then, but Jack Greenberg, CEO and international chairman, is confident that F.S. Network will position itself as the first global platform for commerce within the food service industry. The vision of the McDonald's corporation appears to involve morphing the brand internationally known for burgers into a symbol equally powerful in the field of electronic commerce.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016