AUSTRALIA: McDonald's diversifies into computer chip commerce
McDonald's has announced its imminent expansion into the world of the web; a new joint venture business with e-mac digital and Accel-KKR. The plans for an electronic B2B commerce service called the F.S. Network, and aimed at the food service industry, will see the diversity of McDonald's business above and beyond the worldwide restaurant chain.In the US, the golden arches branding has already graced a range of children's clothing in Wal-Mart stores, and McDonald's has used its buying power to purchase other food retail stores. To spread its revenue base, Ronald has also collected majority shareholdings in other food companies. The more global fastfood intention has been expressed in a ten-year plan to establish 50000 restaurants worldwide.The B2B Internet initiative is a change from the more conventional tack of McDonald's expansion, then, but Jack Greenberg, CEO and international chairman, is confident that F.S. Network will position itself as the first global platform for commerce within the food service industry. The vision of the McDonald's corporation appears to involve morphing the brand internationally known for burgers into a symbol equally powerful in the field of electronic commerce.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Danone sales dampened by Europe, China