AUSTRALIA: McDonald's diversifies into computer chip commerce
McDonald's has announced its imminent expansion into the world of the web; a new joint venture business with e-mac digital and Accel-KKR. The plans for an electronic B2B commerce service called the F.S. Network, and aimed at the food service industry, will see the diversity of McDonald's business above and beyond the worldwide restaurant chain.In the US, the golden arches branding has already graced a range of children's clothing in Wal-Mart stores, and McDonald's has used its buying power to purchase other food retail stores. To spread its revenue base, Ronald has also collected majority shareholdings in other food companies. The more global fastfood intention has been expressed in a ten-year plan to establish 50000 restaurants worldwide.The B2B Internet initiative is a change from the more conventional tack of McDonald's expansion, then, but Jack Greenberg, CEO and international chairman, is confident that F.S. Network will position itself as the first global platform for commerce within the food service industry. The vision of the McDonald's corporation appears to involve morphing the brand internationally known for burgers into a symbol equally powerful in the field of electronic commerce.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp