USA: McDonald's - down at the farm - COMMENT (Members)
McDonald's has announced Q2 profits down 16% from last year, in line with revised expectations. Continuing problems in Europe with the weak euro and lingering health worries were partly responsible for McDonald's third consecutive quarterly earnings decline. Despite the company's claims that the European sales climate is improving, it must increase trial and purchase of non-beef products to provide insurance against future scares, as well as to attract additional revenues.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti