USA: McDonald's - down at the farm - COMMENT (Members)
McDonald's has announced Q2 profits down 16% from last year, in line with revised expectations. Continuing problems in Europe with the weak euro and lingering health worries were partly responsible for McDonald's third consecutive quarterly earnings decline. Despite the company's claims that the European sales climate is improving, it must increase trial and purchase of non-beef products to provide insurance against future scares, as well as to attract additional revenues.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid