USA: McDonald's - down at the farm - COMMENT (Members)
McDonald's has announced Q2 profits down 16% from last year, in line with revised expectations. Continuing problems in Europe with the weak euro and lingering health worries were partly responsible for McDonald's third consecutive quarterly earnings decline. Despite the company's claims that the European sales climate is improving, it must increase trial and purchase of non-beef products to provide insurance against future scares, as well as to attract additional revenues.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega