USA: McDonald's - European fears take bite out of profits - COMMENT
McDonald's Q1 profits are down 16%. Hit by flagging Asian economies, adverse currency effects and consumer health concerns, McDonald's first quarter results were not overly positive. Despite the $378 million profit being in line with reduced expectations after last month's profit warning and the company's apparent optimism for the second half of the year, there is little substantive evidence to reassure investors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife