USA: McDonald's - European fears take bite out of profits - COMMENT
McDonald's Q1 profits are down 16%. Hit by flagging Asian economies, adverse currency effects and consumer health concerns, McDonald's first quarter results were not overly positive. Despite the $378 million profit being in line with reduced expectations after last month's profit warning and the company's apparent optimism for the second half of the year, there is little substantive evidence to reassure investors.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth
- Unilever sets packaging target