PERU: McDonald's expands in Peru
McDonald's of Peru recently announced that it will invest approximately US$4.3m in the construction of three new restaurants. So far this year, the chain increased its Peruvian presence by 32%. By the end of the year, there should be 15 McDonald's restaurants in operation in Peru. A similar level of investment and expansion is projected for 2001. At present, expansion is limited to covering niche markets in the capital of Lima, and the company has no concrete plans for opening restaurants in other cities.McDonald's Peruvian sales have risen in spite of what management describes as a difficult economic environment. During the first quarter of 2000, sales were up 40% relative to one year earlier and the rate of increase was slightly less for the second quarter. In order to bring down operating costs, management hopes to reduce dependence on imported products from 60% at present to 50% in 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review