USA: McDonald's - falling flat - COMMENT (Members)
McDonald's has forecast relatively flat full year earnings. Following less than stellar sales performance news from Burger King and Wendy's, McDonald's expects to do little better. While growth in fast food has been slow, the 'fast casual' segment has been going strongly in recent years. McDonald's should put renewed focus on its acquisitions, including Chipotle and Pret A Manger, to drive growth in the near future.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti