USA: McDonald's - falling flat - COMMENT (Members)
McDonald's has forecast relatively flat full year earnings. Following less than stellar sales performance news from Burger King and Wendy's, McDonald's expects to do little better. While growth in fast food has been slow, the 'fast casual' segment has been going strongly in recent years. McDonald's should put renewed focus on its acquisitions, including Chipotle and Pret A Manger, to drive growth in the near future.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill