USA: McDonald's - falling flat - COMMENT (Members)
McDonald's has forecast relatively flat full year earnings. Following less than stellar sales performance news from Burger King and Wendy's, McDonald's expects to do little better. While growth in fast food has been slow, the 'fast casual' segment has been going strongly in recent years. McDonald's should put renewed focus on its acquisitions, including Chipotle and Pret A Manger, to drive growth in the near future.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project