USA: McDonald's fourth quarter 2001 update
OAK BROOK, Ill./PRNewswire/ -- McDonald's Corporation (NYSE: MCD - news) expects fourth quarter 2001 earnings per share to be $.34, in line with previous guidance and excluding the following unusual items: -- A previously announced pre-tax special charge of about $200 million related to change initiatives around the world. This charge relates primarily to employee severance and outplacement, consolidation of facilities and other related costs. As a result of these initiatives, the Company expects ongoing annual savings of about $100 million in selling, general and administrative expenses, beginning in 2002.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- 'City institutions behind bid for Fox's Biscuits'
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea