USA: McDonald's franchisees to be allowed to increase brand base
McDonald 's has finally agreed to trial allowing franchisees to operate other restaurant concepts, including brands acquired by the fastfood giant and even some that belong to competitors. Those campaigning for an opportunity to increase the products offered to consumers have long been concerned about growth opportunities in what is undeniably a saturated market.A veteran franchisee from Dayton, Ohio, will soon also be operating up to three
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry