USA: McDonald's - investing for the imminent Rising Sun - COMMENT
McDonald's Japan will rapidly expand the number of outlets following its equity listing in Tokyo. The best-known brand in global fast food is set to take a larger bite of consumer spend on fast food in Japan, following a further announcement detailing the plans for the equity capital recently raised. While it will be an expensive move in the short term, it should leave McDonald's in a good position as the economy begins to improve.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund