AUSTRALIA: McDonald's launches campaign to bolster rural health resources
Recognising the critical shortage of medical professionals in rural Victoria, the fastfood giant McDonald's is launching a fundraising campaign this Friday (6 October) in its 32 regional restaurants. Health resources in rural areas are severely lacking, and Peter Walsh, president of the Victorian Farmers Federation, revealed that: "40 per cent of people living in the country are more likely to die from preventable causes such as asthma and diabetes than those in capital cities."The news prompted McDonald's to expand its campaign, previously based in Gippsland, and the money raised will be directed to the Rural Health Scholarship Foundation, which orchestrates projects to encourage health professionals in the restaurant sector.For sixteen days, the restaurants will sell A$1 tractor cards, and then host a Rural Relief Day, when farmers, local celebrities will cook and serve the Big Macs which will raise $1 per sale for the fund. The Victorian Farmers Federation Rural Relief Fund is expecting to be bolstered by anything up to A$80,000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- France eyes leading role in proteins
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bakery (UK) - Industry Report
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements