SINGAPORE: McDonald's launches rice burger
Encouraged by the successful introduction of rice burgers in Taiwan in February 2005, US fastfood giant McDonald's has added them to its menu in Singapore.
The burgers, consisting of fried slices of beef served between two rice cakes, are designed to appeal to local tastes.
Five million rice burgers were sold in the first six months after their introduction in Taiwan and it is hoped that similar levels of success will be achieved in Singapore.
"We believe that rice burgers will be a substantial product in the Singapore market because rice is a general staple here and for the rest of Asia," Shirley Foenander, vice president of marketing and communications for McDonald's Restaurants, told local press.
McDonald's is planning to expand its operations in India through a franchisee network. The company plans to invest INR4.0bn (US$89m) to set up more outlets across the country in the next three years. ...
As McDonald's and Wendy's introduce healthier options amid rising obesity levels and a general interest in healthier foods, some fastfood companies have been going in the opposite direction, introduci...
Last month a customer at an outlet of US fastfood chain Wendy's claimed to have found a severed finger in her food. The news spread like wildfire, fuelled by intense media interest, and Wendy's sales ...
It's easier talking to your customers if you speak their language. With millions of speakers of minority languages around the world, food processors and retailers need to be able to communicate with t...
US fastfood company Yum! Brands is intending to buy a stake in Russian fastfood chain Rostik's, a key competitor of its mainstream brand KFC, according to the RIA Novosti news agency, which quoted a r...
Fastfood company McDonald's is testing a healthier blend of oil for cooking its fries in a small number of restaurants, according to an Associated Press story published by the Chicago Tribune....
Fastfood company McDonald's is planning to expand its franchise network in China, according to the China Daily....
Fastfood chain McDonald's has today (Monday) announced the appointment of Peter Bush as the new managing director/CEO for McDonald's Australia....
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- What the analysts say: Unilever's mixed 2014
- Tootsie Roll CEO Melvin Gordon dies at 95
- Lifeway Foods CEO denies sale talks
- McCain to close Grobbendonk plant in Belgium
- Unilever revenues disappoint as food sales fall
- Jobs to go at FrieslandCampina cheese plant
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Meat Substitutes Market - Global Trends, Forecasts up to 2019