THAILAND: McDonald's launches Thai rice-based burger
US burger giant McDonald's has launched its first product made of Thai rice in the local market. Kaweemat Jeam-On, marketing manager of McThai Co, the local franchisee of McDonald's, said that the Sticky Rice Roast Pork Burger was launched after market tests at ten outlets. He told the Bangkok Post: "The result was very positive and we are sure it will be as successful as the spicy salad."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action