THAILAND: McDonald's launches Thai rice-based burger
US burger giant McDonald's has launched its first product made of Thai rice in the local market. Kaweemat Jeam-On, marketing manager of McThai Co, the local franchisee of McDonald's, said that the Sticky Rice Roast Pork Burger was launched after market tests at ten outlets. He told the Bangkok Post: "The result was very positive and we are sure it will be as successful as the spicy salad."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife