USA: McDonald's launches Veggie Burger in Southern California
US fastfood giant McDonald's has launched a soy-based meatless burger in 600 outlets in Southern California. The new McVeggie Burger is being manufactured by Yves Veggie Cuisine, a brand owned by Hain Celestial Group, and will form part of McDonald's new "Salads & More" menu. The burgers are to be manufactured at the Yves Veggie Cuisine plant in Vancouver.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- SIAL 2014: Greek yoghurt firm Fage targets Europe
- On the money: Spreads, ice cream top Unilever woes
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- Growth question hangs over refocused Premier
- SIAL 2014: Premier in talks over US manufacturing
- Kellogg, Nestle slammed for "chaotic" salt policy
- Premier cautious on profits after Q3 sales slide
- Mars puts R&D at centre of US plant expansion
- Italy warns of EUR200m hit from Russia ban