USA: McDonald's - McLatte to go - or to stay? - COMMENT
McDonald's is opening its first US-based McCafe this week in downtown Chicago. After enjoying success with the concept abroad, the fast-food giant hopes to win over some of the US' gourmet coffee crowd from Starbucks. If the concept works, hundreds more US McCafes could follow, helping boost flagging fast-food growth. But there's a danger the young, trendy target audience will associate McDonalds too closely with burgers and fries.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail