USA: McDonald's names new CEO after Bell steps down
US fastfood chain McDonald's has announced that its president and chief executive officer Charlie Bell has resigned, effective immediately, in order to focus on fighting cancer.
The company announced that its board had elected Jim Skinner, currently vice chairman, to replace Bell as chief executive officer and a member of the board of directors. Mike Roberts, currently CEO of McDonald's USA, has been elected to the position of president and chief operating officer and a member of the board of directors.
Bell was appointed CEO of the world's largest fastfood company in April this year following the sudden death of predecessor Jim Cantalupo from a heart attack. But shortly after taking over at the McDonald's helm, Bell was diagnosed with colorectal cancer.
As McDonald's and Wendy's introduce healthier options amid rising obesity levels and a general interest in healthier foods, some fastfood companies have been going in the opposite direction, introduci...
Last month a customer at an outlet of US fastfood chain Wendy's claimed to have found a severed finger in her food. The news spread like wildfire, fuelled by intense media interest, and Wendy's sales ...
It's easier talking to your customers if you speak their language. With millions of speakers of minority languages around the world, food processors and retailers need to be able to communicate with t...
US fastfood company Yum! Brands is intending to buy a stake in Russian fastfood chain Rostik's, a key competitor of its mainstream brand KFC, according to the RIA Novosti news agency, which quoted a r...
Fastfood company McDonald's is testing a healthier blend of oil for cooking its fries in a small number of restaurants, according to an Associated Press story published by the Chicago Tribune....
Fastfood company McDonald's is planning to expand its franchise network in China, according to the China Daily....
Fastfood chain McDonald's has today (Monday) announced the appointment of Peter Bush as the new managing director/CEO for McDonald's Australia....
Fastfood chain Wendy's is planning to give away Junior Frosty desserts this weekend at restaurants throughout the US as a thank you gesture to its customers after the affair of the alleged finger in t...
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review