USA: McDonald's net income falls 40%
US burger giant McDonald's posted a drop in net income for the fifth consecutive quarter. Sales fell 40% as the group swallowed charges for restructuring at home and was hit by a slump in sales in Asia and Latin America. Net earnings fell to US$271.9m from US$452.0m in the year-ago period. Full-year net earnings plummeted 17% to US$1.64bn, from US$1.98bn in 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs