USA: McDonald's posts first ever quarterly loss
US fastfood giant McDonald's has posted its first ever quarterly loss, hit by the cost of closing hundreds of restaurants. The burger chain reported a net loss of US$344m for the fourth quarter compared with a profit of $272m in the year-ago period. The loss was more than four times greater than the company had forecast five weeks ago.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why Reckitt Benckiser moved for Mead Johnson
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales