USA: McDonald's posts rise in comparable sales for May
US fastfood chain McDonald's has posted its first worldwide increase in comparable sales in 15 months, as its new product offerings strengthened US sales. McDonald's said US sales at restaurants open more than a year rose 6.3% in May, the largest increase in four years. Worldwide same-store sales increased 2.2%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth